God Knows My Heart

I can't believe that I am sixteen weeks into my pregnancy. It seems like everyone has one burning question..."Do you know what you are having?" Each time I feel like God is giving me a test. Will I tell them I know it's a girl because God gave me a promise or will I fell the test and say we are not for sure but we think it is a girl? That seems to be the easy way out and I don't look like a crazy women! What if it is not a girl and my belief was wrong. But I know what is in my heart and I believe I let God down each time I do not proclaim the promise he gave to me. I have really struggled with this lately. Today I came across a phrase in my bible study and it has put my struggle to rest: If I err, let me err on the side of belief. God looks on the heart. I'd rather Him see misguided actions from a believing heart than safe and sound actions from an unbelieving heart.
Friends, I believe we are having a girl because almost two years ago God promised me that He had a girl for us. If not, that's fine, God knows I have had a believing heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment