During the past year

I have not stopped believing. I have had to step out several times and share my story. Some of those I shared with thought I was crazy and some stood behind me and began to pray for Ava also! I never forgot about adopting. My heart went out to children all over the world that needed a family. Why could I not help them. I kept looking for open doors but they seem to keep closing. Life goes on and on and on. In the fall of 2009, I became convicted about my busy life. I thought, I get up, go to school, come home and take care of my family, run Ian all around town, gripe about my house not being cleaned, gripe about not having enough time, and so on. As I thought about this, I realized, this was normal. Everyone does this and I was right there with them. I was no different. I was ordinary. The Holy Spirit convicted me about this and I began to try to figure out how I could be extraordinary. I wanted God to do something with me. How could I be used for him? During this time, Dr. Tilley preached on this and I told James at lunch that day about what I had been struggling with. I told him I just wanted to step out of my box and do something extraordinary. And before I knew it I said "I want to go to African with the church". He said "well, go." We would be traveling in July. I was so excited to see what God was going to do in my life through serving other people. Later, I mentioned to James, what if while I am there, I find Ava? He said, I guess you will have to bring her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment