She is here!!



I know, I know. I should have updated a week ago, but things have been a little busy lately!
Wednesday, November 10, turned out to be the big day! We had an induction planned on the 11th. I kept telling myself and others that I had a feeling she would arrive on a different day. She has never been planned or has followed a plan. So Wednesday, I began having contractions. I really did not think they were the real things. They were not consistent. Well, about 11:00, I began tracking them. Kristi Morgan came over to stay with me. (what a sweetheart!!!) At 11:45 I text James and asked him if he had anyone to cover for his bible study if we had to go to hospital. He came home early for lunch. I called the doctor to ask them what I needed to do. Low and behold my doctor is off on Wednesday!!!!! The PA asked me how many contractions I had have and she told me I needed to get to the office ASAP! Well we loaded up in the truck and when we hit the county road, I looked at the clock. It was 12:50. I remember thinking "this is going to be a LONG trip to Shreveport!! Oh my, have I waited too late? We arrived at the office at 1:40. They saw I was in true labor and sent me to Labor and Delivery at 2:15. All my family arrived by 2:30. I finally got an epidural at around 4:00. Ava Grace was born at 6:09pm. What a day! Needless to say, the epidural did not work!! I worked and worry so much about being able to have a stinking epidural and it did not work!!!! All I can say is this has been an unforgettable experience from the beginning and it continued all the way to the birth! I bet it will continue being an unforgettable experience for many years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment