Mountains are made for climbing

Well when I thought of this post title, I stopped and thought "are they really made for climbing or just to look at?"  If I just look at a mountain, I really do not get to experience it or get the full experience of its creator.
 
Back in November, I heard a song on the radio that I had heard many times before. "Only a Mountain" by Jason Castro.  As I listen to the words,  I thought, why do we have mountains?  Why can't they just be hills? Rolling hills are what came to my mind.  Hills that we get over but then we have to get over them again and again and....again.  MOUNTAINS.  There must be something about climbing mountains.  I know the mountains in my life I have climbed seem to get easier the higher I climb.  I know I always seem to have a clear view of my Savior.  Faith can change those mountains.  It's only a mountain!
At that time in November I did not know what lied  ahead.  A mountain that I would have to climb.  The last mountain I climbed was getting Ava Grace here safely!  It was hard at first but the more we climbed the easier it was to have faith that God had her in His arms and he would soon place her in ours.  It was fun!  But now a new mountain stands strong and tall ahead of me.  The weekend before Thanksgiving I had two seizures.  I had had one about a month before and did not think much about it.  But now two more!  What was going on?  I had not had a seizure in years!  We decided to change doctors to make sure I was getting the best treatment out there.  My driving has ceased!!!  One of the hardest things to do!  I found a doctor in Houston. First off he changed my medication.  It seems the Dilantin was not controlling the seizures like before.  Then he ordered a new MRI and EEG.  It had been several years since I had had one.  The MRI came back with no tumors but there was a lack of blood flow in one area so I had a MRA done.  The Friday before Christmas,  the doctor called to tell me I had an aneurysm!  It was small and in a pocket of my brain not the muscle.  I had to wait till after Christmas to set up an appointment with an Interventional Radiologist.  We go tomorrow, Friday Jan. 4th to visit with this doctor to see what he suggest.

Of course my mind has been all over.  I have looked up everything so I will kinda know what he is talking about.  I have had a few melt downs.  But through all of that I am at Total Peace!  God has this!  It's Only a Mountain!!!!!  Thanks for your prayers and I will keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about these turns of events for you, James and all the family. We will sure be in prayer for you and trusting God with you that this can be easily corrected. God bless you Julie, you are an inspiration to all who know you. Miss Billie and I send our love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie may angels camp around you and keep you safe. May your creator God's peace continue to fill your heart and mind. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Your sister's (Kristie's) friend - Asta x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, thanks so much for sharing this with us all. You have and will continue to be strong. You have a wonderful supporter, James of course, but your heavenly father. He will be by your side. Julie, I send prayers that this will be over soon and let life begin again. May God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We (Nathan & I) will start praying now for you. I am not sure if you will remember me from Fairview. Love you Julie~

    ReplyDelete